From the first edition, published in 1945, Hutchins Priced Schedules Price Book
has been a trusted companion to busy builders, tradespeople, surveyors and estimators looking for accurate pricing information. It is ideal for small works and maintenance construction projects up to a value around £250,000.
This new edition for 2020 has undergone a root and branch update, ensuring it continues to accurately represent both current practice and materials used across the trades. The prices given in the book represent a UK average, with location factors included to enable more accurate pricing for each region of the UK.
Access Hutchins in both hardback and PDF format with this bundle, saving £80 on the total price.
The hardback has an easy-to-read layout, providing a detailed analysis of all of the components to include in an estimate for labour, plant hire and materials for a wide variety of typical building and grant-aided construction works.
The copyright-protected PDF version, which can be printed, is safely stored on a rugged waterproof USB device. Simply download to a PDF reader for instant access.
Ideal for builders and a range of trades, surveyors, estimators, self-builders, and local government and public authorities.
- Intended as a guide for pricing small works and maintenance construction projects up to a value around £250,000.
- Up-to-date with plant and material prices at second quarter 2019.
- Labour costs incorporating current wage agreements from the Building and Allied Trades Joint Industrial Council (BATJIC) and the Joint Industry Board for Plumbing and Mechanical Engineering Services (JIB-PMES).
- More than 6,000 prices with detailed build-ups.
- UK-average prices with location factors to enable more accurate pricing regionally.
- 2020 edition updated with expanded sections, including on windows, doors and roofing.
- Includes a detailed section on local authority grant-aided construction works.
Hutchins also has advice on preliminaries which can only be priced when specific circumstances are factored in, including site administration and security, water, lighting and power for the works, temporary arrangements for telephones, accommodation, and traffic regulation.
Although it has been superseded by SMM7 and more recently by NRM2, Hutchins is still updated in accordance with SMM6, the 6th Edition of the Standard Method of Measurement, due to its continued popularity and comfort of use among our readers.Schedules
- Excavation, Earthwork and Concrete Work
- Brickwork and Blockwork
- Floor, Wall and Ceiling Finishes
- Plumbing and Heating
- Glazing, Painting and Decorating
- Sundries: Steelwork and Metalwork, Windows, External Doors, Asphalt Work, Electrical Work, Damp-proofing, Underpinning
- House Renovation Grants, Repairs and Alterations
- Drainage, Sewerage and Public Works