As required by the UK MCA's Workboat Code (which amends and supersedes the original "Brown Code" and previous "Small Commercial Vessels and Pilot Boats Code of Practice") from January 2015. Included is information concerning LSA Equipment, MOB Recovery, Abandonment, Survival, and Search and Rescue. Specific vessel details are entered by the operator so that it becomes dedicated to a specific vessel, and so fulfils the spirit of the legislation.
The Code applies to:
- Small workboats (under 24m, or if built before July 1968, of less than 150 GRT) that operate to sea eg Windfarm Vessels, Tenders, Fishing Vessels etc
- Vessels in commercial use, other than those engaged in recreational, sport or pleasure use
- All UK workboats, wherever they may be operating
- All UK pilot boats, of any size
- Non-UK vessels in UK waters or operating from UK ports
Note: vessels equipped with davit-launched survival craft or MES systems should use our Large Coded Vessel Training Manual.