HSG65, L22, L23, L24, L25, L26
A number of statutory instruments known colloquially as the six pack came into force in 1992. These safety regulations and guidance be purchased as a pack of 6. Following the withdrawal by HSE of L21 and pending its replacement we are now including the nearest equivalent guidance, HSG65, in the six pack.The HSE Six Pack contains:
- HSG65 Managing for health and safety (ISBN 9780717664566)
- L22 Safe Use of Work Equipment. (ISBN 9780717666195)
- L23 Manual Handling. (ISBN 9780717666539)
- L24 Workplace Health, Safety and Welfare. (ISBN 9780717665839)
- L25 Personal Protective Equipment at Work. (ISBN 9780717665976)
- L26 Work with display screen equipment. (ISBN 9780717625826)
The HSE 'six-pack' contains the most popularly quoted health and safety Regulations. They came into effect in Britain after six European Directives, collectively known as the 'six-pack', were issued by the European Commission:
The main Regulation is the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, also known as the 'Management Regs'. They came into force in 1993, and were updated in 1999. Regulation 3, placing a legal duty on employers to carry out a risk assessment as a first step in ensuring a safe workplace, lies at the heart of a modern approach to health and safety at work.
Other 'six-pack' Regulations cover: heating, lighting and ventilation at work; the safe use of computer screens and keyboards; handling heavy or awkward loads; rest breaks; and personal protective equipment.