New, legally enforced standards, effective from 1 January 2020. All Europoean Pharmacopoeial texts included.
Updated annually, the BP is the only comprehensive collection of authoritative official standards for UK pharmaceutical substances and medicinal products.
It includes approximately 4,000 monographs which are legally enforced by the Human Medicines Regulations 2012. Where a monograph exists, medicinal products sold or supplied in the UK must comply with the relevant monograph.
All monographs and requirements of the European Pharmacopoeia (Ph. Eur.) are reproduced in the BP, making the BP a convenient and fully comprehensive set of standards that can be used across Europe and beyond.
The standard package includes a printed edition, an online licence and a download for offline use; but other formats and bundles are available.New for 2020
The BP 2020 supersedes the BP 2019 and becomes legally effective on 1 January 2020. This edition incorporates new monographs from both the BP and Ph. Eur. along with a significant number of revised monographs.
- 35 new BP monographs, 40 new Ph. Eur. monographs
- 331 amended BP monographs
- Five new monographs for unlicensed formulations, two new monographs for herbal medicines
- One new and one amended BP Veterinary monographs
- All monographs from the Ph. Eur. 9th Edition including Supplements 9.1 to 9.8
- Three in-year online and offline download product updates to integrate the Ph. Eur. Supplements 10.0, 10.1 and 10.2
The BP 2020 Complete Package
- A six-volume printed edition, including the BP (Veterinary) 2020
- A single-user online licence* for BP Online
- A single-user download for offline use*
* These single-user licences are granted solely to the designated holder of the product within an organisation. Multi-user licences are available.